In the last version, we updated UI and improve brushes. Also, we added several new nodes. Let’s look at the new functionality:
- New initial dialog with recent projects and project init
- New noise generator nodes: Fractal Noise, Pixel noise
- New brush settings
- New layer masks: pattern mask, map mask.
I am happy to announce that version 0.5 has been released. Let’s look at the new functionality:
- Delete connection between nodes by alt + click
- Node preview - now you can see every node in the node-tree
- Mirror node - mirror input node by axes.
- Paint layer - a special layer to draw on the model.
Update increase nodes count up to 40+ nodes and fix AMD compatibility.
- Use DirectX 12 API instead of Vulkan API.
- Increase nodes count up to 40+ nodes.
- Minor bug fixes
- Gradient nodes
- Gradient map node
- Crystal nodes
The update continues to improve node materials generations.
- Update execution engine (node materials now 6x times faster)
- Added zoom in node editor
- Added 'enum' type for input paramenters
New nodes added:
- Tile sampler - tile-pattern generating node. It is useful for creating man-made procedural patterns, with additional control over certain parameters driven by external input maps.
- Blend - allow to blends or mix two separate inputs. Its functionality is similar to having two layers above one another in a photo editor, that blend together by the blending mode you set on the top layer.
- Transform2d - node allows to scale, rotate, tile, and change proportions of an input. This is an extremely useful and widely applied node, it allows for increasing tiling, removing tiling, placing an image in a specific position, stretching or squashing an input, etc.
- Boolean math nodes.
16 AugWe are happy to announce the new texture painting application by our team. The goal is to develop a full-package painting application, with features including procedural workflow, node-based texture editor, UDIM-tiles. While, this is very early build there is quite some stuff in demo.